Thursday, February 11, 2010

Perfect day!

This morning we woke up to a yard FULL of snow. Well full in Texas terms anyhow. Ryan was off recovering from being sick. Ash went off to school which I wa bummed about because I thought for sure she would miss all of the snow action. Ryan and I decided to make the most of our time. We had a little breakfast at The Taco Joint (mmm the migas and bean and cheese tacos were wonderful!) then headed over to Society for our cupcake fix. Afterwards we went and had lunch with our favorite little girl (we were keeping our fingers crossed that we could break her out of school early so she could enjoy the weather...plus Ryan made me wait to make a giant snowman and I was getting a little antsy). Anyway, after lunch A's school decided to let parents pick up their kids early if they wanted due to the "inclement weather". We fully took advantage and ended up back at the house around 1. We played outside for a few hours...snowman, snowballs, snow angels, snow penelope's...the works. Then we came in while the rest of the kids were just getting out of school. Fire roaring, hot chocolate from scratch with marshmallows of course topped off with our favorite cupcakes. Today has been the best day ever...


A few pics of the day via phone camera..

Snow angels


Our big snowman...this is the biggest snowman Ryan,Ashlyn or I have ever had the chance to build.



P was LOVING the snow (which seemed crazy to me since she hates to be wet). She was rolling around, jumping and chasing us.


Now mind you I was supposed to be IN this picture. I see how it is.



My miniature snowman



Oh and the sign outside of the Taco Joint. Lol


More pics to come...I actually busted out the big camera for once.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments: